Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Zen Minion | Drinking the Tea

Today was a 'not my cup of tea' work day. I had to facilitate a 15-minute meeting about something that did not exactly make me jump out of bed  (To be completely honest, it bores me to tears.)

However,  the magis minion manifesto dictates that I embrace my duties and welcome unwanted assignments. So jump out of bed I did. Well, okay. More of  half crawled, half tumbled out. 

Faced with an uncomfortable task ahead, I put together a happy work outfit, wore an extra layer of eyeliner and my favorite shade of lipstick. As my soul sister B says, the crappier you feel, the more smashing you should look. The best thing about this is that I am motivated to get creative with my wardrobe.

Fast forward to the said task. Deep breath, smile, let's do this.

Once I got started, I found myself getting into it and doing a bit more than expected. I didn't fall in love with the topic, but it wasn't as unpleasant as I thought it would be.

And then it was done.  I celebrated with a cup Genmaicha Green Tea (now THAT is my cup of tea)  and a Cheese Muffin.

Tomorrow and on Friday, I have to do the same thing again. In different locations and with a different set of people. But after today, it doesn't feel quite as  onerous.

I am now reflecting on a more important matter : Whatever should I wear?




No comments: