Saturday, June 01, 2013

The Big Day and Beyond

Just when I thought a multi-day cycling trip in Hanoi could not get any more epic, the boyfriend of three years asked The-Question-That-Changed-My-Life-Forever. In his usual unconventionally romantic way, G declared that he would like to spend the rest of his life with me - would I like that too?

OH.MY.GOODNESS! YES! OF COURSE, YES!

Everything felt brand new the next day.  And on the days which followed, I felt like I was on a cloud.  I was practically invincible against any kind of toxic energy. Bliss, bliss, bliss!

Since then, a Pinterest Board has been created, a date has been set, a Church and a reception venue have been reserved, an officiant invited and booked, and the wedding gown is already in production. 

Preparations are now happily underway for the Big Day. Like any bride-to-be, I am keen on making my wedding day absolutely beautiful and memorable. My pleasure centers tingle as I browse through pegs for entourage dresses and table settings, put together my wedding playlist, and daydream about how the ceremony and the wedding reception will play out.

It's 9 months to the Big Day, and I'm pleased that I have all this time to get things moving, making it really easy to be The Zen Bride. It's going to be an intimate celebration with family and best friends.  I'ts going to be just lovely.

In the midst of all this bride-to-be busyness, I am reminded by the sages (a.k.a. my parents) that, "A wedding is a day, a marriage is forever." 

I now pause and ponder on a very important question, how prepared am I for the Lifetime AFTER the Big Day?



No comments: